Air Plant - TillandsiaSeattle Seed Company
AVAILABLE TO SHIP OR AS LOCAL PICK-UP.
Tillandsias grow differently than most other house plants, so they can be confusing to the beginner. They are really very hardy, and require much less attention than other house plants. The following simplifies the instruction - please research more on this plant:
- Provided the atmosphere is not too dry they can survive with water misting and the occasional bath.
- Never plant in soil.
- Give them bright, filtered light.
- Protect them from frosts.
- If you are growing them indoors and the air is dry, you will need (at minimum) to submerge the plant in water for 2-3 hours about every two weeks.
- In a shaded-house or unheated home, you can use a soaking mist once or twice a week in summer, once a month in cooler weather.
Locally from Freeland, Washington by Seattle Seed Co.